Happy first day of April and Happy Easter to those that celebrate.
Today is also the first day of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge. I’m not sure what year this is for me, but I know I’ve participated in some form or fashion over the last 6 years; be it here or my creative writing blog, or my personal blog.
Anyway, I’m at it again this year. Right here and my creative writing blog, The Ink Slinger (although I haven’t slung much ink). And, without further adieu let’s jump into today’s post.
Some might call this cheating, but umm, I say it falls within the parameters of the challenge. Continue reading →
It’s time for the Spring Tsundoku Bingo. If you joined in for the Winter Tsundoku Bingo, I hope you had fun and were able to knock some of those books of your TBR pile. I would love to see you read and for what category. Please feel free to share, so that I may add some more books to my reading list.
You don’t need a blog to join in the reading fun. If you plan on doing the challenge just say so in the comments.
♦ There will be a new bingo board every quarter: April/May/June
♦ You know how bingo works – get 5 across, horizontal, or diagonal or if you want just work your way through the board during the quarter. The FREE SPACE bookworm is your opportunity to choose any book you want to read.
♦ Sorry, you can’t use the same book for multiple squares
♦ And yes the books you read for Tsundoku bingo can overlap with other reading challenges
The Friday 56 is a weekly meme hosted over at Freda’s Voice. The rules are simple and go something like this.
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader (If you have to improvise, that’s ok.)
3. Find any sentence, (or a few, just don’t spoil it)
4. Post it. Continue reading →
The ‘official’ National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) begins Sunday, November 1st and I’ve decided to give it a go with a pretty lofty undertaking. I’ll be reading a novella a day and posting my thoughts.
Top Ten Tuesday, Wednesday’s Lyrics, and The Friday 56 will resume in November, so if you’re interested in participating click on the link to get started.
And remember to stop back by and share your thoughts and feel free to leave some comment love.
The Reading List
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- Quicksand by Nella Larsen
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
- Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
- Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
- The View from Saturday by E. L. Konigsburg
- Slaughterhouse Five Kurt Vonnegut Continue reading →