Happy New Year!! I know the last couple of years haven’t been great, but I wish you a happy and healthy 2022!!
It’s that time of year when we set goals – life goals, work goals, reading goals, etc.
I’m going to do my best to try and keep my goals simple and manageable. And since 2020 was still a raging dumpster fire most of my goals went out the window.
Alrighty then, let’s talk about my 2022
It’s that time of year when we set goals.
I’m going to do my best to try and keep my goals simple and manageable. Unless you’ve been under a rock, you know that 2020 was an ongoing dumpster fire. And having said that, most of my goals went out the window.
Alright, let’s talk about my 2021 goals. There are a couple of new features, but for the most part, everything stays the same.
I’m going to start off by sharing a few goals I have for my Booktube Channel. I’ve never really talked about my channel here, but I figured I’ve been doing it long enough, and I’m slightly comfortable with the content I produce.
Booktube Channel Goals
It’s that time of year when we set our blogging and/or life goals.
I’m going to perfectly honest. I didn’t meet any of my blogging goals or life goals for that matter. As for my blogging goals, I seriously overextended myself with challenges. So much so, that I didn’t know which challenges I was participating in. I never incorporated writing and cooking on the blog because I just simply didn’t have the time. It’s something I still want and hope to do in 2020.
- Reading Classic Books Challenge is a challenge I created. There are 12 challenge prompts, Instagram challenges, and giveaways. The cool thing about this challenge is, if you’re participating in The Classics Club 75 books in 5 years, you can do this challenge too. My plan is to pick books off my Classics Club list that apply to the prompts. So, if you’re interested please sign up and join me.
- I’m also a Judge for the Booktube Prize, which I’m super excited about. This will take a good chunk of time because if I’m selected for 1 or multiple rounds I will have to read 6 books in two months.
I’m really excited for what I have planned for the blog and my reading life starting January 1st. There’s definitely a lot going on, but I’m confident it won’t overwhelm the blog.
I’ve wanted to include other things I’m interested in on this blog like writing and cooking, and I think I’m finally ready to incorporate them.
- The Broken Spine Bulletin will replace the Weekend Coffee Share and will be biweekly. The Bulletin will include topics like: From around the interwebs; Currently reading; Recommendations; Recent posts, Author Highlights, and more
- My Journey Through Gluten & Dairy Free Living w/ Recipes is exactly what the title says. I received some health news recently and have opted out of taking meds – for now. Having said that, I’ve decided to get a handle on my health through diet and exercise. More on that in an upcoming post.
- The Write Stuff – I’m going to shoot for weekly on this, but we shall see. The plan is to write a 300 word (maximum) short story a week
2017 wasn’t a particularly great year for me. A lot of crappy things happened, but when I look back on some of them they were for the best. As a result of so many negative things happening in 2017 my reading and writing life suffered. I wrote my first short story in a long time a week or so ago for Friday Fictioneers and found it cathartic – even though I always kill off one of my characters at the end.
Over the past few weeks I’ve been thinking about my 2018 personal and blogging goals. I’m still working through the logistics of my personal goals, but one of them is to head back to school and get my teaching certification in secondary education. Yes, I want to teach to teenagers. Continue reading