Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it’s time for Bout of Books 30. This is one of my favorite reading challenges because it’s low/no pressure. There are challenges that are optional, giveaways, and a grand prize.
Bout of Books is a one-week read-a-thon beginning Monday, January 4th at 12:01 am (your time zone) and ending Sunday, January 10th. There are challenges (optional), giveaways, and a grand prize.
Bout of Books is organized Continue reading
I’ve seen this book challenge around for a while now and traced it back to Classy x Book Reviews. It seemed like a fun challenge to do, until I started going through my TBR. I have a fairly sizeable TBR and it is out of control. I have hundreds of books and it seems that nearly half of them are unread.
Having said that, this challenge should be a real eye opener of what I’m going to read or not going to read. I feel a purge coming on.
Most Memorable Books
- The Awakening by Kate Chopin made the memorable list and not because it was one that I enjoyed. Well, I liked it, right up until the end and then it crashed and burned.
- American Born Chinese by Gene Luen Yang is a graphic novel I read a few months ago about a Chinese American boy who wants to fit in. There are 3 seemingly unrelated tales. Yang weaves a tale that is funny, poignant and on some levels sad. It’s a tale about learning to love and accept who you are.
- American Street by Ibi Zoboi is an immigrant story with a bit of magiIcal realism. Fabiola and her mother board a plane from Haiti to Chicago. Her mother ends up detained by Immigration and Fabiola must learn to navigate a new country, a new city, relatives she doesn’t know and her first boyfriend.
Books Still on My TBR
This year is STILL all about knocking books off that ever-growing TBR pile. At least, in theory. It does, however, seem that I am NOT doing a very good job because I keep acquiring more books and not reading the ones I already own.
If you saw The Ginormous June Book Haul you’ll know I’m doing something a little differently for this Wrap-Up. I just hauled so many books that they needed a post all to themselves.
Anyway, here are the my June reading stats. Continue reading
This month I’m doing things a little differently. I’m will do two posts – one for my June book haul and the other for the June wrap up and July TBR
I am trying to knock books off that ever-growing TBR pile. However it does not seem to be working as will be evidenced when you see my June book haul.
A couple of months ago I decided to take drastic measures.
- Book buying ban for the remainder of the year (the library is your friend)
- Unhaul unread monthly TBR
I’ve seen this book challenge around for a while now and traced it back to Classy x Book Reviews. It seemed like a fun challenge to do until I started going through my TBR which is YUGE and is completely and utterly out of control. I have hundreds of books and it seems that nearly half of them are unread.
Having said that, this challenge should be a real eye opener of what I’ve read, what’s on my TBR and what I’m going to read or not read. Could there be a purge Continue reading