Hello to all my bookish peeps! I’m in the process of catching up on my reading, but it’s not easy, especially since. . .
- I keep adding to my already overflowing bookshelves (more on that in an upcoming post)
- I added another book to the reading list
Anyway, I’m looking at how to breathe a little more life into my blog, and what I’ve decided is give you a bit more of me.
Oh dear, Continue reading
Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
I’m in the process of rebuilding part of my library of books. When I moved from Maryland to Colorado it seems a box has gone missing. Grrr. So, I’m taking stock of what I have and what I don’t have.
I read these in college as an English Lit major and some I enjoyed more than others, but I didn’t thoroughly enjoy any of them. I always said that I would go back and read them after I graduated and had some life experiences. And maybe just maybe I would enjoy them.
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forester
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
I stumbled across this blog and
challenge dare when I was looking for the Art of the Novella reading challenge. It was kind of like six degrees of blogger separation. Looking for one thing, click on website, and something else comes up. Well, that’s what happened when I found James Reads Books and his TBR Triple Dog Dare.
The rules of the TBR Triple Dog Dare are simple.
For the first three months of 2016 read only the books that were already in your TBR stack as of midnight December 31, 2015.
One of the things that appeals to me about this
challenge dare is you can change it as you see fit to keep having fun and not feel like you have an albatross around your neck.
So, sign up if you dare.
I dare you! 🙂
I’ll post my TBR Triple Dog Dare list in the coming weeks, so be sure to check back .