I’m really excited for what I have planned for the blog and my reading life starting January 1st. There’s definitely a lot going on, but I’m confident it won’t overwhelm the blog.
I’ve wanted to include other things I’m interested in on this blog like writing and cooking, and I think I’m finally ready to incorporate them.
- The Broken Spine Bulletin will replace the Weekend Coffee Share and will be biweekly. The Bulletin will include topics like: From around the interwebs; Currently reading; Recommendations; Recent posts, Author Highlights, and more
- My Journey Through Gluten & Dairy Free Living w/ Recipes is exactly what the title says. I received some health news recently and have opted out of taking meds – for now. Having said that, I’ve decided to get a handle on my health through diet and exercise. More on that in an upcoming post.
- The Write Stuff – I’m going to shoot for weekly on this, but we shall see. The plan is to write a 300 word (maximum) short story a week
This year I’ll join the ARC August Reading Challenge. I saw it late in the challenge last year and made a note to sign-up for this year’s challenge. So, here we are. My goal is get my reviews posted a day or two before the release day.
I have a lot of ARCs that I need to read. However I’m going to keep my ARC TBR limited to what’s coming out in August and September. Continue reading
I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Year. Hopefully, 2018 will usher in a great many things to come in your lives. And by all means:
And without further adieu, here we go. Thank you all for voting on the first book I read in 2018. The votes are in and the book I’ll start the new year with is. . .
American War is Omar El Akkad’s début novel about a second American Civil War, a devastating plague, and one family caught deep in the middle. It’s a story that asks what might happen if America were to turn its most devastating policies and deadly weapons upon itself.
As you may already know I have a few ARCs I got from work and I’ve committed to reading them this winter. 11 books in 11 weeks. Definitely doable, right?
And the books to round out my January TBR are:
It’s that time of year again. My favorite time of year.
🍁🍁F A L L!!🍁🍁
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is:
Top Ten Books On My Fall TBR List
The books are already on my TBR List and part of several reading challenges.
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
- Song of a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly Continue reading
Oh my gosh! I can’t believe it’s time for Bout of Books 20. I participated for the first time in May and wasn’t as successful as I wanted to be, but that’s behind me now.
Bout of Books is a one-week read-a-thon beginning Monday, August 21st at 12:01 am (your time zone) and ending Sunday, August 27th. And the best part is it’s low-pressure. There are challenges (optional), giveaways, and a grand prize.
Bout of Books is organized Continue reading