It’s that time of year when we set goals.
I’m going to do my best to try and keep my goals simple and manageable. Unless you’ve been under a rock, you know that 2020 was an ongoing dumpster fire. And having said that, most of my goals went out the window.
Alright, let’s talk about my 2021 goals. There are a couple of new features, but for the most part, everything stays the same.
I’m going to start off by sharing a few goals I have for my Booktube Channel. I’ve never really talked about my channel here, but I figured I’ve been doing it long enough, and I’m slightly comfortable with the content I produce.
Booktube Channel Goals
It’s that time of year when we set our blogging and/or life goals.
I’m going to perfectly honest. I didn’t meet any of my blogging goals or life goals for that matter. As for my blogging goals, I seriously overextended myself with challenges. So much so, that I didn’t know which challenges I was participating in. I never incorporated writing and cooking on the blog because I just simply didn’t have the time. It’s something I still want and hope to do in 2020.
- Reading Classic Books Challenge is a challenge I created. There are 12 challenge prompts, Instagram challenges, and giveaways. The cool thing about this challenge is, if you’re participating in The Classics Club 75 books in 5 years, you can do this challenge too. My plan is to pick books off my Classics Club list that apply to the prompts. So, if you’re interested please sign up and join me.
- I’m also a Judge for the Booktube Prize, which I’m super excited about. This will take a good chunk of time because if I’m selected for 1 or multiple rounds I will have to read 6 books in two months.
I’m really excited for what I have planned for the blog and my reading life starting January 1st. There’s definitely a lot going on, but I’m confident it won’t overwhelm the blog.
I’ve wanted to include other things I’m interested in on this blog like writing and cooking, and I think I’m finally ready to incorporate them.
- The Broken Spine Bulletin will replace the Weekend Coffee Share and will be biweekly. The Bulletin will include topics like: From around the interwebs; Currently reading; Recommendations; Recent posts, Author Highlights, and more
- My Journey Through Gluten & Dairy Free Living w/ Recipes is exactly what the title says. I received some health news recently and have opted out of taking meds – for now. Having said that, I’ve decided to get a handle on my health through diet and exercise. More on that in an upcoming post.
- The Write Stuff – I’m going to shoot for weekly on this, but we shall see. The plan is to write a 300 word (maximum) short story a week
It’s Monday! What are You Reading? is a weekly meme to update you, my readers, on what I’m reading, what I’ve read and what reading is on the horizon (and of course to get more suggestions for books to add to your ever-growing TBR list). Please join in and check out what everyone else.
This is the definitely the shortest what I’m reading list ever.
When I returned Dark Matter to the library yesterday, I saw Continue reading
Most people think there is something wrong with me because I don’t like the beach, and perhaps on some level, there is something wrong with me. And truthfully it’s not that I don’t like the beach – I don’t like the sand. It gets into places it shouldn’t be and it seems like for weeks after you’ve frolicked in the sand you’re still washing it out of your hair and clothes. Grrr. Let’s for a moment pretend that I do like to frolic in the sand what books would I take? I can assure
Let’s assume for a moment that I like to frolic in the sand, what books would I take? I can assure you it wouldn’t be the proverbial light reading or as some refer to it escapist fiction.
So, here are my top 10 Summer beach reads
- Songs of a Dead Dream and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- What is Not Yours is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi
- The Pact by Jodi Piccoult
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accent by Julia Alvarez
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo A. Anaya
- The Sympathizer by Viet Nguyen
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
Now, tell me what’s on your Summer beach reads, or if you don’t have beach reads; what’s on your Summer reading list?