Welcome to the 3rd year of the Reading Classic Books Challenge! I am again super excited about this challenge and hope you’ll join me throughout the year in reading more classics.
As with the previous 2 years, I want this challenge to be fun and stress-free. This year there are 12 challenge prompts and 12 bonus prompts to help guide your reading. However, don’t feel like you have to do them all. Do as many prompts as you want and feel free to use 1 book for up to 2 prompts.
How to join:
The challenge runs from January 1st thru December 31st, 2022
Create a sign-up post and leave the link in the link-up below. If you don’t have a blog no worries. You can Tweet that you’ll be participating, do an Instagram post, if you have Goodreads creat a Reading Classic Books shelf and link to that shelf, or let me know in the comments. You can also join the group on The Storygraph. And, the plus with joining us on The Storygraph is that you can get suggestions for other prompts if you’re having trouble finding a book for a prompt.
- ALL books must have been first published 50 years ago or earlier
- Books must be read between January 1st and December 31st
- Books may be used for up to two prompts
The Challenge Prompts:
- Read a classic by an Indigenous author
- Read an LGBTQIA2+ classic
- Read a classic by a BIPOC author with a BIPOC main character
- Read a translated classic
- Read a classic by a new to you author
- A classic that has been adapted (Page to Screen)
- Read a classic written by a woman
- Read a classic nonfiction
- Read a classic on your shelf the longest
- Read a classic with a one-word title
- Read a classic written during the Harlem Renaissance
- Read a classic by a West Asian author
- Read a banned or challeged classic
- Read a classic over >500 pages
- Read a classic less thann <200 pages
- Read a classic poetry collection
- Read a literary prize winning classic
- Read a classic from a genre you don’t read
- Read a classic published between 1900-1960
- Read a classic that intimidates you
- Read a classic children’s book
- Read a classic that was recommended to you
- Read a classic Mystery, Thriller, Horror
- Read a classic short story collection
YAY, a bingo card! https://howlingfrog.blogspot.com/2022/01/2022-reading-classic-books-challenge.html
I don’t think I’ll join officially, but maybe I’ll just link back to you if I read a book that fits one of your prompts. Is that okay?
Of course that’s okay! Participate however you feel comfortable or time will allow.
LikeLiked by 1 person