Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is
Titles or Covers That Made Want to Read/Buy the Book
- Parable of the Sower and Parable of the Talents by Octavia E.Butler – This picture does not do the covers justice. They are absolutely gorgeous. There is so much detail in them and I highly recommend you check out the artist, Paul Lewin‘s website.
- Brothers by Yu Hua – I was at one of my favorite used bookstores and this was sitting on top of another book I was trying to get to and when I saw the cover, I was in love. Then I read the summary and I was hooked.
- Wings of Ebony by J. Elle – I was gifted this copy and OMG this cover is stunning.
- Caul Baby by Morgan Jenkins – Not the best cover on the list, but I do really like this one because of the color palette
- I Am Enough by Grace Byers – I took one look at the cover and was in love. A little Black girl on the cover with natural hair and I didn’t care what it was about. But I love that it’s about loving yourself, respecting others and being kind.
- The Other Black Girl by Zakiya Dalila Harris – I love this cover because it shows a Black girl with an afro and an afro pick
- Sulwe by Lupita Nyong’o – I love, love, love this cover AND the story.
- Binti Trilogy by Nnedi Okorafor (Binti, Home, The Night Masquerade) – I like the original covers of the Binti Trilogy, but these covers are chef’s kiss😘
- Three Novels by Jose Saramago – Again, I was at one of my favorite used bookstores and this was just haphazardly thrown on the shelf. It was nowhere near where it was supposed to be, but it didn’t matter because I saw it and was like getting it.
- Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry – I didn’t even know this existed until it won the Oscar for Best Animated Short Film. And, yes, I had to pick it up. Watch the short. It was beautifully done.
Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think?
And, don’t forget to check out my Booktube channel.