Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is
Books I Read In One Sitting (or would have if I had the time)
I haven’t read all of the books mentioned below. I wanted to break it up, so I did 5 books I’ve read and 5 I haven’t, but would love to read in a single sitting.
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo – I did not read this in one sitting because I wanted to savor it. I actually listened to it and hearing Acevedo read this was chef’s kiss. The audiobook is a mere 3.5 hours.
- I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou – Hopefully when I get around to reading this, I’ll read it ini a sitting. We shall see. I have a feeling that I won’t. I’ll probably audiobook this one just so I can hear Maya Angelou read to me.
- My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite – Now let’s talk about this for a moment. Although an enjoyable read I wasn’t particularly blown away. It certainly was not what I had hoped for and probably the reason why it took me nearly a week to read.
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates – I have tried to read this and still want to but it reads to me very stream of consciousness-like and I’m not a fan of stream of conscious writing.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – This book has been on TBR for years. I remember when I bought it and thought about reading buying it and thinking I can certainly read this in a day.
- Pet by Akwaeke Emezi – This is one that definitely can be read in a sitting, but I didn’t. It was engaging and fast paced and the writing was great, but you know – ADULTING
- We Have Always Lived in a Castle by Shirley Jackson – Let’s be clear. I love Shirley Jackson, so the reality is I will probably go park my happy tail somewhere and read it in its entirety. However, I’m also being real when I say: ADULTING
- Remote Control by Nnedi Okorafor – This book is only 160 pages and it took me several days to read it. Truth be told, in my opinion, it’s not a book that can just quickly read. It’s a book that you mull over while reading and even afterwards.
- When the Emperor Was Divine by Julie Otsuka – Another book that has been on my TBR for years and there really is no reason not to have read it yet. Why because the audiobook is barely 3.5 hours long. So, hop to it Erica.
- Roseanna by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö – This is the first in a 10 book series and for some reason I haven’t started the series yet. But when I do I sincerely hope (say it with me) ADULTING doesn’t get in the way.
There you have it books I wish I read or could read in a single sitting.
Have you read any of these? If so, what did you think?
And, don’t forget to check out my Booktube channel.