Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. I modified this week’s prompt to include books I’d like to own.
Books I’ve Read That I’d Like In My Personal Library (perhaps you checked it out, borrowed it from a friend, received it for review, etc. and want to own it yourself.) (Submitted by Annemieke @ A Dance with Books)
- On the Come Up by Angie Thomas is on my TBR. I enjoyed The Hate U Give and she’s an author that I think I want to stick with
- Everything Here is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee – I’m currently reading this now. Not sure I want to own it, but I do want to own just for the cover art. It’s gorgeous
- I Am Enough by Grace Byers is one I’d like to own because I mean WOW just look at that cover. I also love the story and the artwork inside
- Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera is one I checked out from the library for Pride Month and want to own it to continue by LGBTQIA+ diversification
- The Memory Police by Yōko Ogawa – I tried to get an ARC of this but to no avail. The premise of this sounds really interesting. Remembering is a crime. What the what!?
- 10 Minutes 38 Seconds in this Strange World by Elif Shafak – First of all there’s a character named Tequilla. Second of all the premise of this book is how the main character’s consciousness ebbs and flows for 10 minutes 38 seconds prior to her death
- The Nickel Boys by Colson Whitehead – I absolutely loved this book. There were gut punches throughout. It was an emotionally hard read, but the writing was exceptional
- The Kingdom of Copper by S. A. Chakraborty – Well, in my world it only makes sense. I have The City of Brass, which is the first in the trilogy and I really can’t stand having incomplete series
- The Deep by Rivers Solomon – I loved An Unkindness of Ghosts and I feel they are an author I’d like to stick with and it will help expand the LGBTQIA+ part of my library
And, don’t forget to check out my Youtube channel.