Although I don’t partake in Halloween celebrations much anymore I still enjoyed being scared. In a controlled environment, such as in the privacy of my home.
From time-to-time I do like to read a scary book or a book that has me on edge and makes my skin crawl. Some of the books on this list I’ve read and others are on the ever-growing TBR.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
- Turn of the Screw by Henry James
- Coraline by Neil Gaiman
- Song a Dead Dreamer and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- Goosebumps by R. L. Stine
- 1984 by George Orwell
- Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
- Broken Monsters by Lauren Beukes
- Beloved by Toni Morrison