Most people think there is something wrong with me because I don’t like the beach, and perhaps on some level, there is something wrong with me. And truthfully it’s not that I don’t like the beach – I don’t like the sand. It gets into places it shouldn’t be and it seems like for weeks after you’ve frolicked in the sand you’re still washing it out of your hair and clothes. Grrr. Let’s for a moment pretend that I do like to frolic in the sand what books would I take? I can assure
Let’s assume for a moment that I like to frolic in the sand, what books would I take? I can assure you it wouldn’t be the proverbial light reading or as some refer to it escapist fiction.
So, here are my top 10 Summer beach reads
- Songs of a Dead Dream and Grimscribe by Thomas Ligotti
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
- A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara
- What is Not Yours is Not Yours by Helen Oyeyemi
- The Pact by Jodi Piccoult
- How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accent by Julia Alvarez
- Bless Me, Ultima by Rudolfo A. Anaya
- The Sympathizer by Viet Nguyen
- The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven by Sherman Alexie
Now, tell me what’s on your Summer beach reads, or if you don’t have beach reads; what’s on your Summer reading list?