Top Ten Books I Wouldn’t Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year
I’m in the process of rebuilding part of my library of books. When I moved from Maryland to Colorado it seems a box has gone missing. Grrr. So, I’m taking stock of what I have and what I don’t have.
I read these in college as an English Lit major and some I enjoyed more than others, but I didn’t thoroughly enjoy any of them. I always said that I would go back and read them after I graduated and had some life experiences. And maybe just maybe I would enjoy them.
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- Lolita by Vladmir Nabokov
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
- A Passage to India by E.M. Forester
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer
- Gulliver’s Travels by Jonathan Swift
- Tess of the d’Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy